Tis the Season to be Selling Your Home- 6 Compelling Reasons Why.
We posted a blog a week or two ago, focused on why the holidays just might be a smart time for Home Buyers to jump into the Real Estate market. Is Black Friday Your ‘Secret to Success’ in the Real Estate Market? detailed the unexpected benefits of buying a home this time of year.
Savvy Home Sellers are finding similar advantages in the holiday market. After all, buyers who are taking the time to shop for a home amidst holiday celebrations are clearly motivated.
Real Estate inventory has been at a historic low for somewhere in the vicinity of 8 to 9 months. Many potential home buyers are frustrated with the lack of available properties and new listings in certain price ranges are pounced on like the infamous flat-screen on Black Friday.
6 Reasons Why You Should List Your Home During the Holidays
Traditional real estate wisdom may be telling you to hold off selling your home until after the holidays, but there are plenty of good reasons to list your home right now. Consider the following:
- People who are looking for a home during the holiday season are most likely pretty serious about making a move. In fact, they may be in a bit of hurry. Putting your home on the market now might result in a faster sale at a higher price point.
- Between family gatherings and holiday parties, you’ve probably got your home in bright and shiny, tip-top shape for entertaining. What better time to show off your home to prospective buyers, too?
- In most areas of the country, yard maintenance decreases during the wintry holiday months. While you may have to blow a few leaves and clear away some snow from walkways, you won’t have to worry about keeping the lawn mowed, the garden beds weeded and the flowers blooming as you would if listing your home in the spring and summer.
- The end of the year is usually a slower time for real estate professionals, so you will get lots of attention from your agent if you decide to list your home during the holiday season.
- You will also have less competition in terms of other homes on the market, allowing your home to stand out more to prospective buyers.
- You can stage your home to make an emotional connection to the holidays. Work with your real estate agent to tastefully decorate so that prospective buyers envision themselves hosting loving family celebrations in your home during the holidays. Stay away from overtly religious decorations and stick with decorations like small white lights, natural evergreens and a few shimmering metallics. An evergreen- or cranberry-scented candle will also emphasize that home-for-the-holidays feel.
If you need more real estate information, feel free to contact me. Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2017. All rights reserved. Feature photo by harpal-singh via. Unsplash
For more information, Call or Text: 602-999-0952
Bill Salvatore / Arizona Elite Properties
Residential Sales, Marketing, and Property Management
While you’re deciding if it’s time to make a move, let us help with our Moving On Advantage Discount! When you list your home with us, and buy another, we’ll contribute $2,000 toward your closing costs!
Check out our Moving On Advantage discount then give us a call!
Additional Helpful Information for Home Buyers
— — — — — — — —